Automated wholesale backup services offered as a flat monthly fee. As business is in motion be sure to make a full image backup of your data. Having a year end backup for accounting is pretty common but your entire business should be backed up.
Common Backup Mistakes made by independent businesses.
- Not having a process in place to do a backup service without a human having to be involved. This is the #1 mistake.
- Not backing up data because it is poorly organized. Only backing up files is the #2 mistake.
- Email is usually not stored with your regular files and is often overlooked and missed in a backup process
- Email address backup is missed because data not stored with your regular files
- Only having 1 external hard drive for backup or just never changing it. This is mistake #3.
- Never testing the backup. Mistake #4.
The weakness of external hard drive backup becomes very clear in the event of a Crypto Locker virus as your backup is encrypted probably hostage to a bitcoin ransom. Depending on where you are backing up and the media type most people benefit from enhanced backup and restore software. The built-in free backup utilities work but are what they are. In the case of servers and ASR recovery there are some real gotchas. Microsoft considers critical server backup but the restore process can be much more difficult than need be using free backup utilities. Image based backup with offsite cloud backup replication is the proven way to go. The question is clear that private cloud backup is preferred over the public cloud solutions offered by the industry icons.
If you have employees on the payroll not able to work for a single day due to backup failure that is very expensive lost time so it is important to have a backup, test the backup on a periodic basis and store multiple copies away from the office. The essential component is automation, monitoring and reporting.
-Find yourself a good IT consulting firm who will listen and deliver your business solutions that add real value and process improvement.
Call 469-399-4914 to get a better backup for your computers and servers. Yes, that cloud service also needs to be backed up. .